On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 1:08 AM, maderios <mader...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 08/10/2013 06:54 PM, John Meyer wrote:

>>> Hi
>>> The Gimp developers  approach  is unfortunately very "closed". They do
>>> not care about the users and they believe they have the truth.... But
>>> a developer is mainly a developer, not a professional image editing.
>>> You can compare with other software development, like  new
>>> Enlightenment (E17 and E18).
>>> It's completely different. The developers and  the main developer
>>> (Rasterman) listen to users reviews and they use these criticisms to
>>> improve the program.
>>> http://www.enlightenment.org/
>>>
>>> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=enlightenment-users
>>>
>>> Greetings
>>

>> if they're so good, go and use them, then.  Or take a few classes on
>> programming and fork the code, as I suggested earlier.
>> Seriously, nothing's wrong with criticism of a feature you like or don't
>> like as a user as long as:
>>
>> 1.  You explain that as a user
>> 2.  You realize that you may be in the minority there.
>
> Hi
> I use Enlightenment everyday, I try to help developers if I can,
> modestly....
> Minority ? Thousands of posts on this list about the problem save export
> Gimp-2.8, it does not matter of course .... The developers seem to live in a
> sealed box, ignoring the image editing  reality,  ignoring the fact that the
> new "save export" breaks the rhythm of work.....
> Regards
>
> --
> Maderios

Thousands? In all the time I've followed this list I've seen maybe a
dozen threads. I believe all of them have your replies in there.
Trying to count the number of complainants, I estimate probably one or
two dozen as well.

Stop imagining your personal opinion to be somehow representative of
the majority, its really quite annoying. Besides, open source
development is not a democracy, so the majority-ness of any opinion is
practically useless.