> Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 02:30:11 +0100
> From: for...@gimpusers.com
> To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> CC: t...@gimpusers.com
> Subject: [Gimp-user] HATE the new save vs. export behavior
>
> I fully agree with the first post of this blog. the question whether to save
> unsaved work spoils the whole efficiency to quickly edit a file.

There are certain advantages to having a clear separation between XCF and
non-XCF file formats....

For me, though, the real productivity killer is the 'export and quit' scenario,
where GIMP asks you if you want to Save (to XCF) changes.  I would love the
ability to suppress that prompt for images that are (1) recently exported with
no further changes and (2) not associated with a saved XCF file.

Also, the ability for that prompt to have a 'Save' AND 'export' command could
be a plus, too.

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com