> To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> From: jernej|s-gm...@eternallybored.org
> Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 00:57:46 +0100
> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp interface sucks
>
> > I am not really familiar with the typical windows program, but is this
> > about the difference between (for creating a new image from the
> > clipboard)
> > <press alt> <release alt> f t c    (probably works in a windows program)
> > and
> > <press alt> f <release alt> t c    (works for me in linux gimp)
>
> On Windows both of these should work, but the first one doesn't in GTK+
> programs.

And to a Windows user this is a bug.

I've worked on a few personal projects in MS Visual Studio (.NET) and I have
seen that while pressing Alt activates the menu by default, this is overridable
by the application if you need it to be, you just have to trap it during the
keyup event from the Alt key.  (I have one project where Alt+Mousewheel
executes a function but Alt by itself passes through to menu activation.)

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com