I'm agree with jankardel, :)

I prefer to keep the xcf, when I wanna save (i.e. by pressing ctrl+s) my
gimp project.

Then when I wanna export it to any other filetype (png, jpeg, gif, pdf etc)
I prefer push the ctrl+E for exporting it..

But, maybe the gimp developer should add a feature to reassign the shortcut
for commands, so if some buddy has their own preferably shortcut, they can
assign it by them self.. :)

Best Regard,
Alvin Hikmawan

---nonstop learn, share and grow
<selalu.ingin.belajar,.berbagi.&.berkembang>
WA: 0819 4969 3787