On Thu, Mar 13, 2014, at 12:45 PM, Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:
> On 12 March 2014 17:16, cgaik <for...@gimpusers.com> wrote:
> > I found a logo and was wondering how it was made.
> >
> > Logo: http://thelemondroplounge.com/wp-content...-blue4.png
> >
> > I want to know how to make the yellow word "Lemon". How do I make the lines
> > on
> > it?
>
> There is no "ready made" way to create such an effect in GIMP.
> The texture lines are more easily created with a specialized animated
> brush -
> in which the main image in each frame is a thin, irregular line - and
> save it
> to use "random" cells.
>
> Or you can just try to pick a tablet (of the type used to draw, not an
> iPad),
> use a simple circular brush with the basic dynamics and draw the lines
> just
> like you'd do with a "real world" ballpoint pen.
>
> I've got the GIMP brush and the dynamic - they are available here,
> along with my painting test:
>
> http://va.mu/eIYq
> http://va.mu/eIYw
> http://va.mu/eIYx
>
> (consider these resources free to use, hack and share under CC 3.0
> Attribution Required)
>

> You can then fine tune a painting dynamics on GIMP to allow the angle
> of the stroke to vary just a little
> bit in each stroke -- you  will paint that in a background layer,
> above which you should
> place an opaque layer, with a mask containing your target text in
> black (so that the
> text area is a 'window' to the texture layer below)
>
> That was the "difficult" part.  But the whole thing involves a lot of
> steps, so let me list it more or less step by step:
>
> Create New image
> Type in your base text, in the font and size you will like - the
> distortion will come later
> convert your text to a mask:
>     right click on the text layer on the layer dialog
>     layer to image size
>     right click again, and add layer mask:
>           pick "transfer layer alpha channel" and check the "invert
> mask"  option
>     click on the main text layer thumbnail on the dialog to select it
> again (instead of the mask)
>     fill it with your desired color (e.g. white)
> Now, selecting the background layer as your active layer, and leaving
> the text layer visible, start painting, with these configurations:
>     select the above mentioned brush and painting dynamics, with the
> Paintbrush tool
>     set the "Angle" parameter to your desired base angle (+/-15ยบ)
>     set the "Size" I found the size of +/- 70px to work fine with this
>     brush
>     set "apply jitter", and it intensity to about 0.4
>
> Now you have your texture - to get your distortion:
>     create a new layer, name it "distortion map"
>     rescale the layer to 6,25% (Layer->Scale Layer)
>     apply filters->noise->Hurl, default settings are good.
> [...]

You can have a look here for the font.
http://forum.fanart.tv/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10
We have to search fonts out a lot for logos so I made a post a while
back on font resources and even made a video on how to submit for a
match.
It even shows what to do if you don't own the font or don't want to buy
it for a couple letters.

--
  akovia

                          unladen european swallow