OK, it works now. It was a combination of both not being executable AND
having it in the scripts folder instead of the plug-ins folder.  I had
tried both folders but before it was suggested to make them executable.

Thanks, all!
Dave

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 4:20 PM, Ofnuts <ofn...@laposte.net> wrote:

> On 18/11/14 18:00, Dave Thibault wrote:
>
>> Owen,
>>
>> Thanks for the response.  I have python installed:
>>
>> Python 2.7.5 (default, Mar  9 2014, 22:15:05)
>>
>> [GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple LLVM 5.0 (clang-500.0.68)] on darwin

>> and I have the script executable:
>>
>> -rwxr-x--x@  1 username  staff  7980 Nov 14 22:41 golden-spiral-0.0.py
>>
>> I could just be looking for it in the wrong place.  The documentation
>> states that it shows up under "<Image>/Select".  However, I can't find it
>> under the Image menu or the select menu.  Please advise.
>>

> The plugin should be made executable, in one of the plugins directories
> (check Edit>Preferences>Folders>Plugins to see where they are).
>
> It should be at the bottom of the Select menu of any image window, and
> appear in the plugin and procedure browsers (but you have already checked
> this). You can try to start Gimp from a terminal (if this can be done on
> OSX). If the plugin doesn't register you will likely see an error message
> in the terminal window. A frequent cause of problem is editing the plugin,
> and unknowingly altering the indentation. This causes Python syntax errors
> that make the registration fail (in case of doubt, download a fresh
> version).

Peace,
Dave

Thibault Fine Art--inspired by light and perspective
http://thibaultfineart.com