This email is to request appropriate accessibility documentation for purchases
from your company.
Federal and state laws require Texas state agencies to purchase only accessible
electronic and information resources from our vendors. We (the Texas Commission
on Environmental Quality) are currently reviewing all of our software purchases
and have been unable to locate the required accessibility documentation for
GIMP.
Per Texas Administrative Code, appropriate accessibility documentation may be
in the form of a Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) or an
accessible electronic document that addresses the same accessibility criteria
in substantially the same format as a VPAT or equivalent reporting template.
I have attached an industry-standard VPAT for your convenience. You may also
find the Even Grounds
website<http://evengrounds.com/articles/creating-an-effective-vpat> to be
helpful.
Please provide the requested information by June 15th, 2015. If I can be of
assistance, or if you need additional information, please let me know.
Thank you,

Sarah Hunter
Accessibility Intern | Information Resources Department
sarah.hun...@tceq.texas.gov<mailto:sarah.hun...@tceq.texas.gov>
512-239-4773