Eh, if he's just trying to drop the quality by keeping the same size, it's best
to just scale the image down and back up again with no interpolation. Like you
said, using CSS would look awful cause all browsers will scale the image up
with interpolation unless he wants to use an HTML canvas and use tricks there
but that's not even worth the hassle.

- Kasim

Sent from my iPhone