On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 3:15 AM, Kasim Ahmic wrote:

> My questions now are, is there any way to enable multi core rendering in
> GIMP? Is it even possible or does the current exporting code not support
> multi core rendering in any way? If there is no way to do this, are there
> plans to make it possible in future version of GIMP?

There is _some_ experimental support in GEGL for multithreading. If
you want to test it, please use GEGL_THREADS=<number of threads> in
the environment along with dev version of GIMP.

E.g.

$ GEGL_THREADS=4 gimp-2.9

I'm not 100% sure which part of GIMP features are covered by
multithreading via GEGL, Øyvind Kolås is your guy here.

Alex