>The image is in indexed colors mode. Use Image > Mode to switch to
>RGB.
>It is a very fast way to create a new layer from exactly what's
>visible
>in the image as a whole. This is useful if you want to reuse the
>current
>result in another image, for example.

Thanks, after change the mode, the figure can be corrected loaded. Can you
please explain why? This surely helps quickly understand gimp.

I actually want to make use the old xcf to work for a new figure by replacing
the underlying figure. But it seems when I turned the eye on the visible layer,
the old figure shows up. I am here upload both the xcf file and the intended
figure, can you help me with that?

Thanks!

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/518/original/fermisurface_b.xcf