>I can't change brush size in GIMP. I've been working on this simple
>task all morning.
>I've downloaded and installed the most recent stable version of GIMP
>(2.8.22).
>I've created a new brush so that I can edit it.
>Changing the radius of the brush does nothing (see attached image).
>I'm about to throw my computer out the window.
>Please, help, help, help!

That is not the way it works.

The brush designer does what it says, designs a parametric (.vbr) brush, which
is a bit like a vector, the brush is a text file description of properties.

Each brush has a 'natural' size, which you can reset in Gimp 2.8.22 using the
little yellow arrow in the Brush tool options. see: small-brush

Exactly the same brush can use the size slider to resize to the new size ( 2x
the radius) so for a 725 radius use 1450. see: large-brush

You could save both of your brushes radius = 55 and radius = 725 as separate
.vbr files and use the little yellow arrow to set the size, but it is a bit
pointless when one will do.

rich: www.gimp-forum.net

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/573/original/small-brush.jpg