On 11/16/2017 07:23 AM, NicPic wrote:
> I want to print an image 277mm long on an A4 sheet. At that length it has to
> be
> in Landscape orientation, otherwise it won't accept me subsequently
> specifying a
> printed image length of 277mm under File > Print. Many times I've sorted this
> by
> File > Page Setup > check "Landscape", (prior to File > Print > choosing
> settings). Now all of a sudden, if I check "Landscape" in Page Setup and hit
> OK,
> the dialog box disappears, but if I then go back into it it's put the check
> button back to "Portrait" (and it  does this for other settings experimentally
> changed inside the same box). Is there some obscure setting hiding elsewhere
> in
> GIMP that explains this? Can anyone help, it's totally baffling. BTW yes I've
> uninstalled GIMP 2.8 and reinstalled it, clearled Browsing History / Cookies,
> Restarted PC etc. Windows 7 Ultimate if that's relevant.

When reinstalling a program on Windows 7 to get rid of a configuration
error or a glitch in a configuration file, first "uninstall" the
program, then find the folder where the program stores its data and
delete that folder before reinstalling the program.

http://www.blogtechnika.com/what-is-application-data-folder-in-windows-7/

(or) https://tinyurl.com/lqgtgyn

I'm not sure that will help in your present situation, but if the
problem is an error of some kind in a GIMP configuration file, deleting
the folder the config files live in before reinstalling should fix it.