Hi -- just to show the results from the x-hatch version of the solution I
proposed, take a look at the images in these links:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D6WRmoq4bSJj_708GkfPKz52FaVvmKlA/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hNtBPO2nMavE0XGnJBRyNzi9oaF0uGSb/view?usp=sharing

Just one solution.  I am having trouble making the first solution I
proposed work because not only is the original image so chunky, it is also
very dark.  If there was a way to extract the "K" layer in a "CMYK" image,
it might be easier to grab just the black.  I'll keep working on it and let
you know what I come up with.