> Mainly, what is your operating system?

OS is linux

> For linux (and maybe OSX) not Gimp but an ImageMagick bash script
> There is a ready made one, although that would have to be wrapped up
> in another to cycle through the 200 scans.

For me it doesn't matter if ImageMagick is the right tool for this job. And
one more loop in a bash script should be no problem.

So the tasks the script should manage is to detect those in itself always
rectangular pictures ( but not necessarily rectangular in relation to the
A4-sheet). I think there ist always a remarkable contrast line between
the photograpy and the white background

Then it should extract / copy those found images into seperate files

TIA

--
bunnyflip (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)