>Michael Schumacher wrote:
>Try this before my suggestion - if it works, this is easier (and less
>confusing in future) than mucking around with directory junctions!

yes, by all means, thanks for the junction, not sure why it's so complex in
Win..

anyways, tested: environment variable XDG_CACHE_HOME=f:\tmp\gimp , put it on
USER level, without logoff or anything, just re-launch GIMP, and instantly these
directories got created:

[code]
Directory of F:\tmp\gimp

21-Sep-18  12:15 AM    <DIR>          .
21-Sep-18  12:15 AM    <DIR>          ..
21-Sep-18  12:15 AM    <DIR>          fontconfig
21-Sep-18  12:14 AM    <DIR>          gegl-0.4
21-Sep-18  12:15 AM    <DIR>          thumbnails
               0 File(s)              0 bytes
[/code]

this looks very promising, will run heavy operations and u can assume if works
if you don't hear again :) :)

--
stormy (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)