On Tue, 02 Jul 2019 14:38:49 +0200, rich404 wrote:
>>I can see the problem.
>>
>>No solution that I can see. Post a bug report at
>>
>>https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/issues/

It's not a bug -- there's no way to reconstruct the missing
information after it has been transformed from four down to three
dimensions.

> Not only Gimp
>
> A little bit digging and the change in values also happens with online
> convertors. I tried a couple, both the same.
>
> CMY(k) 34 37 56 00
>
> converts to RGB 168 161 112
>
> converts back to CMYK 0 5 33 34
>
> The only suggestion is use Krita and start off in CMYK colorspace. The color
> picker there keeps the original values.

Yep.  Once you've transformed from CMYK to RGB you've irretrievably
lost that extra information.
--
Robert Krawitz                                     <r...@alum.mit.edu>

--Eric Crampton