>It might help someone give you a meaningful answer if you give a few
>more details.
>
>Gimp 2.10.12 will export a dds file in various formats. If you are not
>using the latest version you should update.
>
>Which export option do you use? see screenshot 01
>
>The png you posted does not have an alpha channel. Is that
>intentional?
>
>It does however, resemble an image with transparent areas, exported to
>a dds file (DXT5) screenshot 02
>
>Sorry I can not help more. I do not play any computer games.
>
>If you do not get a sensible answer from this forum in a reasonable
>time, my advice is, ask your questions on a dedicated games forum.

I am using 2.10.12. I use the BC3.DXT5 option to save. The PNG was an Image I
downlaoded from the web as 'transparent'. That's all I know. Most of the game
modders use Adobe so much of the advice is not applicable with Gimp. I am  new
to working with DDS files so I dont know what info someone would need to know.
My question pertains to how to make the PNG I posted transparent while retaining
the color intensity as the original. An example of use would be a 2 layer dress
with a solid white skirt with a pale pink transparent outer layer using the PNG
design as its texture. So far my conversions are grainy and washed out as I
posted.

--
Sorceress99 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)