>On startup, Gimp checks all the executables in the plug-in
>directories,
>if they are more recent than the last time they were registered, they
>are run again to refresh the registration data.
>
>Registration data is stored in the "pluginrc" file in your Gimp
>profile.
>So there are several possibilities:
>
>* For whatever reason, the file-jpeg plugin doesn't register
>completely
>(corrupt?) so its registration isn't updated in pluginrc
>
>* The file-jpeg plugin timestamp keeps changing
>
>* The pluginrc file is not writable, and is not updated by the
>registration

Thanks for the very quick response! Reading back, I was pretty unclear in my
original post. The file-jpeg plug in is running on Mac system startup/login, not
on GIMP startup. I can't find traces as to where that's taking place (yet), but
I'm wondering why it would run to begin with at that time.

--
schnaufer (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)