As the OP mentioned, the Filter options under Gaussian Blur are Auto, FIR, and
IIRC. The GIMP 2.10 manual does, indeed, list filter options as Auto, FIR, and
RLE, so I can understand the confusion.

I typically use Auto, so I’ve never noticed the discrepancy before.

Rick
It’s better to wave at a stranger than to ignore a friend