If it's the same issue, it's been happening to me for quite some time now.

https://imgur.com/SYDKSAH.png

The only solution I've found that works every time is to discard the text
information, lock the alpha channel, and fill with the color you want.
Depending on the mode, desaturating still leaves some remnants behind for me.

On Sat, Feb 6, 2021, at 7:36 PM, Liam R E Quin wrote:
> On Sat, 2021-02-06 at 17:47 -0600, Judy wrote:
> > I am having a problem with some pixels being a different color when I
> > use text in the GIMP.
>

> You may find desaturating the layer afterwards helps; it's usually to
> do with sub-pixel positioning on LCD screens.

  akovia