He would have to mount them   then take the photo

________________________________
From: gimp-user-list <gimp-user-list-boun...@gnome.org> on behalf of Robin
Simmons <ro...@docrobin.co.uk>
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2021 4:59:18 PM
To: Tim (from Hamburg) <hh....@e.mail.ch>; gimp-user-list@gnome.org
<gimp-user-list@gnome.org>
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] scan-mirrage-effect-Problem with postcard

Hello Tim,

I have done a lot of scanning but never seen this effect before.  It looks like
a limitation of the scanner. Have you thought of using a camera on a tripod to
make copies of the original photos?  You are scanning at 600dpi, but a decent
camera should be able to exceed that easily if the originals are no larger than
a postcard (150mm x 100mm).  Just make sure the photos are evenly illuminated
and set the camera colour balance accordingly.

Rob