Dear Michael,

If I were to summarize our conversation with GNOME Foundation a few
months back, it would be this: GIMP has neither boss nor master, so
should the name of this project be changed, it will happen on team's
own terms — the decision, the timing, the name etc.

However, if your patience is running out, I encourage you to use
https://glimpse-editor.org/ which specifically addresses your
concerns.

Alex