[EMAIL PROTECTED] (2001-06-02 at 0904.09 -0700):
> one effect that i have seen before, but am unable to achieve.
> i want a certain picture, in this case a hand to be colored, so that the light parts
>are a kind of green, and the dark parts black, but i can not get it right.

Try using gradient map (<Image> / Filters / Colours / Map) & with
posterize plugin (<Image> / Image / Colours). You will have to create
your own gradient, I guess. Maybe you have to preadjust the image with
curves tool, ie.

> http://www.opencube.co.uk

Next time post a direct link to image, cos there are many pages and
links inside any site.

GSR