"pcg"@goof.com ( Marc) (A.) (Lehmann ) wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 07:04:32PM -0500, Geoffrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:
> > > I think spam filtering is basically an end-user problem. There is no way
> > > to make lists spam-free, so "not large" seems fine to me.
> >
> > You can, by only permitting subscribers to post to the list, which many
> > lists do these days..
>
> Which I consider counter-productive. Forcing users to subscribe to a
> mailinglist just to be able to post doesn'z seem right (for mayn, not all,
> mailinglists).

It's a matter of opinion.  I personally find dealing with the spam
counter-productive.

> --
>       -----==-                                             |
>       ----==-- _                                           |
>       --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       [EMAIL PROTECTED]      |e|
>     The choice of a GNU generation                       |

Until later: Geoffrey           [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"...the system (Microsoft passport) carries significant risks to users
that
are not made adequately clear in the technical documentation available."
- David P. Kormann and Aviel D. Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research
- http://www.avirubin.com/passport.html