Henry Meyerding wrote:
> I have been trying to figure out the pattern tool, but cannot get it to
> work.  Can anyone provide me with a simple, repeatable procedure that I can
> attempt that will allow me to see how patterns is supposed to work?

Select a pattern in your tool box or from the pattern palette.

Double click on the "bucket fill" tool and adjust its properties to
"pattern fill" (FG Color Fill is the default)

Now just click on the area of your image you want to fill with the
pattern and it should fill.

Adjust the threshold for more or less coverage.

Enjoy!

--
Jon Winters  http://www.obscurasite.com/jon/

                    "Freedom itself was attacked this morning,
                     and I assure you freedom will be defended,"

                        - George W. Bush, Sept 11, 2001 -