On Saturday 08 June 2002 12:28 pm, Christian Gundersson wrote:
> lör 2002-06-08 klockan 18.17 skrev Stephen Liu:
> > Hi Massimiliano,
> >
> > Thanks for your advice.
> >
> > The wget tool sounds similar to "weblicator" in Windows, downloading the
> > complete homepage including all links for offline browsing.
> >
> > Before start please advise :
> >
> > 1) How to check whether the wget tool has been installed ?
>
> Asuming you use rpm then, "rpm -qa | grep wget" in a terminal should do
> the trick. If you get a line saying something like "wget-1.23-i386" then
> it's installed.
>
> > 2) Where shall the complete homepage be stored, in which folder/directory
> > ?
>
> Wherever you preffer, a good advice is ~/downloads/name-of-homepage.
> Just make a directory in your homecatalogue and place it there.
>
> > 3) Would it be possible to print the complete homepage download including
> > links in one ' click ' similar to printing a file rather then to print
> > page by page
>
> I dunno, some other person has to help you there sorry :
>
> //Christian Gundersson
>  /Gimp amateur
> "Professionals are predictable, it's the amateurs that are dangerous"

On most Linux systems

locate wget

will find it and

man wget

will tell you more than you ever need to know.

Wget is just a non-interactive version of ftp, comparable to the old uucp
method of unattended file transfer.

I just used it to download all the Context manuals. It took two steps.
First I downloaded a list of manuals and second I referenced that list
and downloaded the manuals themselves.

HTH

--
John Culleton