Hi,

I'm trying to create a simple GIF with some "fancy" text for inclusion on a
web page.  I want to use the "neon" script-fu to make the text look like it
is neon-lighted.  I created a new image (RGB) with a white background.  Then
I created text with the dynamic text rendering filter.  Next, I selected the
layer created by that filter, and selected the text on the image.  I next
invoked the script-fu using the defaults.  The script, however, does not
seem to work.  It seems to clear the text and creates two new layers with
the neon blue color and black background color, but they are just solid
colors.  No neon effect.

Am I not using this script-fu correctly (I couldn't find instructions)?  Or
do script-fu not work well on Windows?  I am running the latest GIMP version
on the windows page.  It's installed on a Windows 2000 Pro computer with
500M RAM.

I tried a few of the other text-logo script-fu and they also did not work.
Otherwise, GIMP seems to work all right.  Thanks.

Keith Allen