"Michael J. Hammel" wrote:

> Just FYI.
>
> I wrote one of these articles for Salon:
> http://archive.salon.com/tech/feature/2001/11/01/linux_hollywood/
>
> I also did one for Linux Journal:
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=5472

Cool!  I found the Linux Journal article you wrote via Google search.  I
was surprised to read the parts about Microsoft as I just _knew_ they would
want to "grab" this market and make their penetration even greater.  Also,
I was suprised to read about the source changes made by one of the
animation houses or studios that were "indirectly not accepted" by the GIMP
developers, as the GIMP developers opted to re-architect GIMP instead.  I
would hope this new architecture would include the changes/fixes submitted
by the animation house, but who am I..... :)

Anywho, great article and I'll be sure to read the Salon one as well.

Peace...

Tom