On Thursday 20 February 2003 07:42 am, Willem van der
Walt<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to get the iscan program from Epson to work.
> It is a frontend for sane with some changes to the sane library.
>
> On Thu, 20 Feb 2003, Andrew Langdon-Davies wrote:
> > Willem van der Walt< @top.health.gov.za=""> wrote:
> > >.
> > >At the moment, i am also struggeling to get the new Epson
> > > perfection 1260 Photo scanner to scan.  \
> >
> > Have you tried www.khk.net for this?
> > Andrew
---------------------------------
Willem,
According to what your RH7.3 set up the graphics card, you should have
appropriate color capabilities.  You might want to check your graphics
settings.  You should either run 16bit or 24bit, if you are not going
to play any games on the machine.  I have never had the need to run
more than 16bit on anything as it provides all the colors and speed
with that.

Don't remember what kernel RH7.3 came with, I believe it was 2.4.18?  If
earlier than that, you might want to consider moving up a bit as the
later kernels better supported and fixed USB somewhat.  Next thing you
should check are the USB, scanner modules to be sure they are loading.
My Epson Photo 1650 scanner was as difficult as just plugging it into
the computer.  SuSE took over from there and it was ready to use.  I
also downloaded the IScan program from Epson, which works very well.
Check the version of sane you are using to be certain it supports your
newer scanner as well.  Using the 1250 model should also work as there
are only slight differences between it and the 1260.

Good luck on your quest!

Patrick

  --- KMail v1.5 --- SuSE Linux Pro v8.1 ---
        Registered Linux User #225206
 On any other day, that might seem strange...