According to the manual on the website the "Paste as New" option on the Edit menu copies all layers into the new image. This does not appear to be the case. For me the gimp only copies the topmost layer into the new image. Also, the "multiselect" option mentioned in that same section of the manual does not appear to exist at all. I am using Gimp 1.2.3 installed from the RPM that comes with RedHat 7.3. Does anyone know what's wrong?

--
"Firing people can give you a pretty good buzz, but it's a poor, poor substitute for killing. I realize that now" - Dale Gribble