The "Dynamic Text" tool also works well with Windows fonts on Linux.

Peace....

Tom

                      Carol Spears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                      Sent by:                             To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:

                      erkeley.edu                          Subject:  [Gimp-user] Re:
Can't see fonts...

                      03/07/03 08:50 AM

            "Our mission is to help our clients achieve more cost-effective
data center operations."

On 2003-03-07 at 1033.54 -0600, Lars von dem Ast typed this:
> GIMP (1.2.3) can't see my new True Type fonts in RH8.0 that I added*.
> I've got them up for all other apps (Mozilla, etc.), but GIMP only sees
> the original fonts.
>

> *here's how I added new fonts:
> -create /usr/share/fonts/"true-type font dir" as root
> -move ttf's there
> -go to the new directory and run mkfontdir
> -run ttmkfdir -o fonts.dir
> -run /usr/sbin/chkfontpath -add /usr/share/fonts/"true-type font dir"
> -run /etc/init.d/xfs restart
>

> Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

hi,

i have had a heck of a time with fonts.

for gimp-1.2 i suggest getting the gimp-freetype plug-in from
http://freetype.gimp.org  get 0.2.  there is a configure button there
that will find the fonts for you (i bet).

i have yet to find ttf with the other text tools in gimp-1.2.

good luck
carol