Hey, what's this?

I'm sorry, but I was just surprised, seem I've missed the precense of a
freetype plugin. How (well) does this work?

I only know that I too have been through the Redhat 8.0 confusion with
running xfs in parallell with fontconfig, so now many of my fonts, but not
all, can access my 500+ fonts. Most frustrating right now is that gimp
claim some of them are...broken 2-byte fonts or something.

I've understood that gimp-1.2 interact with xfs, while 1.3 have switched
to Gtk2/fontconfig-dependence, right? Installing the freetype plugin would
mean yet another path from my fonts file to screen rendering of the same?
:-)

But perhaps freetype actually does a good job in the rendering, I shall
certainly have a look at it, thanks for mentioning it!

Best regards
Carl-Johan Sveningsson