Hi,

Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> write vertical text, like
>
> It cannot do this. At least not without major hassle like moving the
> glyphs around manually. I don't plan to add support for vertical text
> until Pango supports it.

Well, as someone pointed out, you can of course do it the way you did
it in your mail. That is, enter a single glyph per line. For 1.2 you
will need to use the GDynText plug-in since the basic text tool
doesn't support multi-line text. I was however assuming you were
speaking of text in asian scripts that are rendered top-to-bottom. You
would not get far with the one-letter-per-line approach then.

Sven