Hi all,

I have a Mac-using friend who is having difficulties with Photoshop which I
think Gimp might solve.

He is pretty new to web-design and is struggling with image maps, and I know
that GIMP has a very cool image-map feature.  I was hoping I could get him
hooked up with Gimp. :)

Now, this is a very non-technical guy.  I am an experienced Unix/Linux user,
I have hardly ever touched a Mac.  Also, I don't have much time to help him
in-person because we live some distance appart.  Most of what I can offer
him is email help.

Now my questions:

* How hard is it to install Gimp on Mac?

* Is there a free (as in beer) version?  If my choices are to compile from
source, or pay for the version at macgimp.org, I'll pay.  But is there
another option?

I want an honest opinion on MacGimp.  Is it usable?  By that I mean
stable/easy-to-install/behaves-nicely/etc.

I just don't want to give him something that's just going to make his life
more difficult.

Thank you for your help.
--
Daniel Carrera, Math PhD student at UMD.  PGP KeyID: 9AF77A88
  .-"~~~"-.   On the menu of a Swiss restaurant: