Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (2003-08-30 at 1406.58 -0400):

I also run auto levels on the images when I'm done, but so far it looks like this
is not possible from Script-fu. Any updates on there? At least now I just push
two buttons instead of decompose, compose, pick images, etc.

Always use the DB browser to search for things while coding, it is a
great help. You can find other interesting filters there, but I think
none is exactly what autolevels does. You could even try to do
something with histogram, but that would mean some kind of long loop
to analysis all the data.

If unable to find something that solves your problem, you should fill
a bug, asking for an enhancement ("levels should register a PDB call
for auto mode" or whichever useful description you can give).

(set! new-image-red (car (plug-in-decompose 1 inImage inLayer "Red")))
(set! new-image-green (car (plug-in-decompose 1 inImage inLayer "Green")))
(set! new-image-blue (car (plug-in-decompose 1 inImage inLayer "Blue")))

Why not call only one time and work with the list? car gives you the
first element, but you can use cadr for the second, and caddr for the
third. Try typing (caddr '(1 2 3 4)) and (cadr '(1 2 3 4)) in the
Script Fu console to experiment (btw, arrow keys let you edit old
commands).

I figured there was a better way, but this is my first one, so I was doing what was obvious (and simple :)

I made one other small change, grabbing the filename so the path and filename was right to save the changed picture, and I experimented with a progress bar but it didn't work quite right.. I'll experiment some more with all that, and might try using a list for the above. I tried "RGB" once but only got the Red, so that's why I split 'em up, a list would be more effecient.

I might very well file a bug asking for an auto levels script-fu, I'm just really surprized there isn't something available already! And yes, I've definately been browsing/searching for stuff, otherwise I'd have gotten stuck and not gotten anything done.

Thanks!

--
Walter Francis
http://theblackmoor.net                  Powered by Red Hat Linux 9