Unforch, when I scan something, save as a .png, then load to gimp for
printing, the printer wants to full page whatever the size, including
any border I might have included in the xsane driven scan, such that
its exactly full page on the printer.

This is fine if it takes a reduction to make an inch equal an inch at
the printers output, that 'shrink' can be done in the printers front
end.

However, if that would make it bleed half an inch, it cannot be done
as it won't 'scale' to more than 100%.  So I find myself rescanning,
and purposely leaving out a half inch on each end so that the result
can be, albeit missing the ends of the pattern, at least 100% sized
for the remainder.

I've not found a way to crop the image that actually removes the ends
of a long image so that the remainder would scale up to 100% at the
printer.  Cropping leaves the no data checkerboard on screen ok, but
this empty space is still being sent to the printer to control the
scaling in the driver, in this case gimp-print-4.2.6rc2.

Am I being an idiot?  Intuitive it doesn't seem to be.  Something like
hideing the variable rotations in a completely different menu from
the fixed rotations.  Its easier to rescan, move copy, and rescan etc
and rescan util there is no rotation needed than it is to find the 1
degree operator needed to square something up.  OTOH, I don't do
graphics for a living either, this is woodworking related, I'm 80%
retired these days.  Or is that just 80% tired... :)

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD [EMAIL PROTECTED] 320M