Just noticed that it had not been sent to the list.

Thanks for the help.

Gary

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Tool select
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 17:08:44 -0500
From: Gary Montalbine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: David Neary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

David Neary wrote:
Hi Gary,

Gary Montalbine wrote:

I am able to select a tool and use it on the image. However I can not
 deselect the tool. I close the dialog box but the tool icon is still
in the image. I can change to another tool but I still cannot close
one so that there is no icon in the image.

The GIMP will always have exactly one active tool. The default tool is
the rect select tool - perhaps this is what you are expecting?

Perhaps a no-op tool might be an idea (a pointer that does nothing
except point). I'n not sure... Anyway, it doesn't currently exist :)

Thanks for the info. I was afraid that with an active tool that I was not really using that I might accidently mess up the image. I feel better now that I understand what is going on.

Gary