Sven Neumann schrieb:
Hi,

There's nothing wrong with that expect that a tiny little checkbox is
not sufficient. This will require major changes and it is not trivial
to implement in a portable fashion. There seems to be consensus among
the GIMP developers that the gimp-remote functionality should be
integrated into the main executable but no decision was made on how
this should be implemented. Perhaps we can do this change for
GIMP-2.2.

Hi!

Glad to hear that, even if that means that since nobody could tell me how to workaround this issue, it will persist for me till 2.2 so probably for a year till 2.2 is out.

Thanks a lot to everybody!

Sven