Hi,

Andrew Langdon-Davies wrote:
And now the nitty-gritty: I've installed the Epkowa iscan plug-in for epson scanners, but when I select it from the menu gimp-1.3 crashes as follows:
GLib-ERROR **: could not allocate 1072693248 bytes
aborting...

(gimp-1.3:31399): Gimp-Plug-In-WARNING **: gimp-1.3: plug_in_flush(): error: Broken pipe
plug_in_close: extension aborted before sending its extension_ack message

(The same plug-in works fine with 1.2)

Is this at start-up? This is a 3rd party plug-in, so it's not really supported by us. I can tell you that a 1.2 plug-in that you copy directly into the plug-ins directory of 1.3 will not work, since there have been incompatible API changes between 1.2 and 2.0. You should be able to compile a 1.2 plug-in for 2.0 almost unchanged if you add -DGIMP_ENABLE_COMPAT_CRUFT -D to your CFLAGS environment variable before you compile it with gimptool (however, take this statement with a pinch of salt).

The plug-in author may prefer to port the plug-in to GTK+ 2.0, and take advantage of some of the helper widgets which have been added to libgimp since the 1.2 release, though.

Hope this helps,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary