I am, for my own benefit and that of the group, trying to
create an alpha index to the contents of the hierarchical
menu system, based  on a plain installation of 2.0. Since
the instructions in the GUM, the various tutorials etc. are
based on earlier menu structures this index would be of
some use.

Since the menus appear to be created dynamically in part I
can't just go to the source code.

I am trying to use the tear-off menu feature. However when
focus shifts from Gimp to my text editor, the tear-off menu
disappears.

Is this normal behavior or is it a function of my KDE
desktop settings? Is there a way to make the menu
persistent?

Gimp 2.0, KDE, Linux Slackware 9.1

--
John Culleton