Zhang Weiwu wrote:
Thank you Michael Schumacher for helping me on the IE transparent pixel problem last time.

Now I have a question: is it possible to create a png file with indexed color, with transparent pixels, while still have an alpha channel, so that the png file display alpha channel on cool browsers like Mozilla, while display transparent pixels on some inferior browser like IE as a fall-back mechanism? If GIMP cannot do it, can it be done in theory?

Likely your best solution, although a pain in the posterior, would be to create two images and then use a bit of javascript to present the proper image depending on the browser...