Hi all,

I've created a .xcf file in which you cannot turn off the selection. If you
want to see it, it's:

http://www.stevelitt.com/images/page2.xcf

What I'd like to do is go into the actual data with an editor, and manually
remove the selection. I'm assuming here that a .xcf file is some sort of
compressed markup language, but in fact I can't convert it to text with
zless, unzip or gunzip.

What is the format for a .xcf file, and how do I parse it?

I'm using Gimp version 1.2.5 on Mandrake 9.2.

Thanks

SteveT

Steve Litt
Author:
   * Universal Troubleshooting Process courseware
   * Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful Technologist
   * Rapid Learning: Secret Weapon of the Successful Technologist
Webmaster
   * Troubleshooters.Com
   * http://www.troubleshooters.com