On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 11:14:38AM -0300, "Joao S. O. Bueno" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Is there any reason for this, i.e.:
> > - Is tif/lzw compression excluded from gimp or only from the debian
> >   build?
>
> only from de debian build.

(some others, too, what you meant was "not from the original sources").

> they say it hasn't expired in certains countries (not USA) yet.
> Anyway, you can either - install the TIFF and GIOF plug-ins from the "non
> free" or "non us" repository (I am not a debian man), build the Gimp yourself
> from the sources in gimp.org, or contact your favorite debian gimp packager.

The only package that might help is gimp-nonfree, but it only contains
the gif-plug-in. The tiff plug-in is part of the standard gimp package.

If it doesn't do lzw while the original gimp does lzw then you should
report it as a bug against the gimp package (apt-get install reportbug;
reportbug gimp) and explain why a lzw-enabled plug-in should become part
of gimp-nonfree.