Hi Ken,

Ken Walker wrote:
> I was asked the other day if I could change the dark brown trim on our house
> including down spouts and eavestroughs but not the roof  as shown in
> from dark brown to Montana Tan as shown in

First use something like the freehand selection tool to roughly
select the eaves (that is, if you add in stuff outside, don't
worry about it).

Then copy this selection and paste it as a new layer.

Then use the colormap rotation plug-in (in Filters->Color->Map)
to map the dark brown to a lighter brown.

And if anything outside the eaves unintentionally got its colour
changed, you can use the eraser tool (with a small brush) to get
back to the original colour.

Cheers,
Dave.

--