On Sat, 1 May 2004 20:40:28 +0200, Steve Crane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am not aware of any tricks regarding the TAB key.  Please would you be
so kind as to clue me in.  I just tried it in 1.2.3 (yeah, I know) on
Linux and it doesn't do anything there.  Perhaps it only works in later
versions.

Well, when you press the TAB key while in Image Window - all other GIMP windows
will disappear (except for other image windows if you have multiple images open).
If you press TAB again the Toolbox will appear, after pressing it next time, all
previosly hidden windows will come back.

I read about it in "Grokking the GIMP" AFAIR. This works in GIMP 1.2.5 and 2.0.1
on Win32, but I think it should work on Linux too. It works only when you
have an Image Window selected.

 HTH