Hi,

david <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I am configuring using "./configure --enable-shared".

--enable-shared is the default.

> This is not working.
>
> This is what I get at the end/crash.
>
> checking for libgtkhtml-2.0 >= 2.0.0... Package libgtkhtml-2.0 was not
> found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libgtkhtml-2.0.pc'
> No package 'libgtkhtml-2.0' found
> configure: WARNING: *** Help browser plug-in will not be built
> (GtkHtml2 not found) ***
> checking for librsvg-2.0 >= 2.2.0... Package librsvg-2.0 was not found
> in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `librsvg-2.0.pc'
> No package 'librsvg-2.0' found
> configure: WARNING: *** SVG import plug-in will not be built (librsvg
> not found) ***
> checking for gimpprint-config... no
> checking for GIMP-PRINT - version >= 4.2.0... no
> *** The gimpprint-config script installed by GIMP-PRINT could not be found
> *** If GIMP-PRINT was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
> *** your path, or set the GIMPPRINT_CONFIG environment variable to the
> *** full path to gimpprint-config.
> configure: error:
> *** Check for libgimpprint failed. You can download it from
> *** http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/ or you can build without it by
> passing
> *** --disable-print to configure (but you won't be able to print then).
>
> There is a problem though.  The packages are present.  I have added
> /usr/lib to the ld.so.conf file and ldconfiged.  Still no luck.
>
> Why is this happening?

Are you sure that you have got development packages installed for
these? Does pkg-config see libgtkhtml-2.0 and librsvg-2.0? Did you
adjust the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable as suggested in the
configure output? Did you check if gimpprint-config is available on
your system and in your PATH? Did you read the file INSTALL which
explains how to deal with these problems?

Sven