John Dietsch wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jun 2004, Barton Bosch wrote:

Should I take it that installing the new GIMP on FC1 is not significantly easier than on rh 9 (shrike)?

It is the same.

What are people's experiences re: GIMP 2.x and FC1? Is it the same nightmare of rebuilding gtk2? Or is it better than rh 9?

I tried it. There are 79 packages involed. If you are not an expert do not try it.
If you are running RH9 or FC1 you can upgrade to FC2.
If you want the simple easy answer just upgrade to fc2. It comes with version 2.0 of gimp.

I have only done a bit of checking into the newer distros, but isn't FC2 a 64 bit OS? That would make it incompatible with my PIII 550, correct?

On a related note, would that mean that when FC1 hits its EOL date (if it hasn't already) that there will be no more official updates or security fixes for redhat based x86 operating systems?

Ciao,

Barton