I've just read a SVEN note (on gimp-dev) about Color Management Gimp support. Many things about DTP options (color separation, soft-proof, embed profile) which are very interesting but not many about CMYK native support (i.e. four channels).

Does anybody have special use of this mode ? Personally, I often use to work on contrast because it has a separate black channel. We can work separately on Luminosity and colors (such as in Lab mode). (For example look at that : http://www.le-radar.com/mm/gimp/images/Nchannel.png)

If soft-proof is intended to be supported, it would be great to work on the color selector dialog. In fact, it could display a signal when a selected color is not available in other modes (it could also be done for websafe colors), and eventually give direct access to the nearer equivalent.

LittleCMS is very good, but is written with Qt. I guess it will hardly be available on Windows.

Actually, all this is not very clear : diplay filter there, channels there, and separate this way, who would it be 'packaged' ?

Does anyone has an opinion on all this ?
Cedric