On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 08:49:18AM -0400, Neil Watson wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 02:33:23PM -0700, Carol Spears wrote:
> >the thing is, if your experience had been with the gimp first,
> >everything would seem more natural for you.  and in some respects, it is
> >wrong to blame gimp for this feeling.
>
> The Gimp is my first graphics program.

well, please excuse me for being rude.  i get bored with photoshop
questions then i start to see them everywhere.

computer graphics are not natural.  they are little globs of light,
either crystal or electron gun spew being caught by your eye.  good
luck.  i highly recommend the tutorials at www.gimp.org or at the very
least this one: http://classic.gimp.org/tut-basic.html.  even though it
is about a gimp from long ago, everything still works the same way.  The
menus have changed some.

i think you should be glad that your first graphics app is the gimp.  i
am able to work photoshop when i get the chance.  my photoshop friend
had a difficult time working gimp.  the extra steps are nice.

carol