Sven Neumann wrote:
Hi,

Manish Singh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

And it is, when it boils down to it, a cop out fluff answer. Which is
Carol's point, that it was a non-answer, and that she expected a better
answer, more from a technical perspective.

Sure. We all understood this already. It doesn't change the point
though that whatever answer was given to whatever GIMP developer about
the rationales of the design of the new file chooser widget is not a
question that is interesting to our users,

I must respectfully disagree, as a GIMP user, I am most definitely interested in the reason for the change. It may be that I am a developer as well, that prompts me to want to know, but the bottom line is, any time a change is made that seems to be less intuitive (to me), I'm going to wonder and inquire why the change was made.

--
Until later, Geoffrey       Registered Linux User #108567
                            AT&T Certified UNIX System Programmer - 1995